A master’s degree in nursing in Australia is a professional post-graduation program of two years. After completing a bachelor’s or equivalent work experience in the field of nursing, a person can apply for a master’s degree in nursing at any Australian institution.
A person can make a difference through a nursing course in Melbourne; it increases the chances of employment in one of the most prevalent and top-paid healthcare jobs in Australia and abroad. The nursing requirements in Australia have high professional opportunities for growth.
After completing a master’s of nursing course in Melbourne, one can pursue a Ph.D. (Doctorate in Nursing) for higher career opportunities.
Reasons to Study Master’s of Nursing in Australia
Some reasons to consider studying for a master’s of nursing in Australia are as follows.
Australian Institutions Providing Master’s of Nursing
Various Australian universities provide bachelor’s, master and diploma courses in nursing to provide the highest-quality training in advanced facilities and global recognition.
Highly Developed Hospitals and Medical Supplies in Australia
Pursuing a master’s of nursing from an Australian institution can increase a person’s skills by using high-quality technology and raising the standard of their educational background.
Can Apply for Scholarships
The Government of Australia provides different scholarships for international students to migrate to Australia and pursue their studies, whether bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D.
Nursing Courses Increase the Chances of Employment
Overseas students planning to study nursing courses in Melbourne can increase their chances of employment in Australia and decrease the shortage of nurses in the domestic market.
CSOL & SOL
In the Consolidated Sponsored Skilled List (CSOL) and Skilled Occupation List (SOL), overseas students can have jobs as nurses in Australia.
Pathway to Permanent Residency
To receive a permanent resident (PR) in Australia, pursuing a career in nursing is one of the best options for a person. The Australian Government is encouraging people worldwide to migrate to Australia and pursue their studies in the nursing field. A person can get some advantages from studying in a regional area, such as: being able to gain an additional five points on the point-based system, prioritizing regional visa processing, etc.
Master’s of Nursing Program is Popular in Australia
Many master’s of nursing degrees take one to two years of full-time education in an Australian institution. However, few institutions offer part-time nursing study programmes that may take longer to complete. Some popular master’s degrees in nursing offered in Australia are as follows.
- Master of Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Clinical Nursing
- Master of Advanced Nursing
- Master of Nursing Practice (MNP)
Post-graduation in nursing programmes is the combination of theory and practice in Australia. Some courses are in four semesters, such as
- Bioscience Nursing
- Mental Health Practice
- Nursing Practice Capstone
- Palliative Care Nursing
Some other disciplines are part of the master’s of nursing programme.
Benefits — Career Options in Australia After Completing Master’s of Nursing
In Australia, there are many career options for certified nursing professionals. Suppose someone has completed their Master of Nursing from an Australian institution. In that case, it will not be difficult for them to find top-paid nursing jobs. Some of the job roles are as follows.
- Registered Nurse
- Director of Nursing
- Clinical Research Associate (CRA)
- Clinical Nurse Manager
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Pediatrics Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Registered Nurse (RN), Operating Room
See below the eligibility criteria for studying master’s of nursing from an Australian institution.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required in the relevant field.
- Your English-language proficiency test (PTE, OET, IELTS, or TOEFL) scores are required.
- Admission to different universities is based on a person’s academic performance or professional experience.
- A person must have a tertiary level of understanding of human anatomy to pursue a master’s in the nursing science program.
- Sometimes a person is required to attend an interview with the institution’s personnel.
- In Australia, admission to a master’s of nursing is simple; a person can apply in February or July at any Australian university.
- A person can take guidance or assistance from the university they are applying to, education agencies in their home countries, and an Australian visa office.
Required Documents in Australia for Master’s of Nursing
Overseas students must present specific documentation for admission at an Australian university for a master of nursing program. The nursing requirements in Australia are as follows.
- Valid passport
- Recommendation letters
- Academic transcripts (including the courses, degrees, or diplomas) are certified and translated into English.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Any past relevant work experience with a brief description
- Complete the application form for admission.
- Payment of a non-refundable application fee
If you still have any doubts about the nursing course, get in touch with qualified education counselors (such as Asia Pacific Group-an Education Consultant in Melbourne) who can guide you well about the course and how and when to apply for PR.