The NDIS support coordination aims to help the participants to manage their funds effectively. You can get in touch with the NDIS support coordination providers to help you better understand the plan. The support coordination is given to the participant in 3 levels depending on the complexity of their situation.
Therefore, this article will provide you with a complete understanding of NDIS support coordination. Check them out!
To start with, it is crucial to know how support coordination works. Continue reading.
The support coordinator uses their skills and knowledge to help the person with a disability to manage their plan and get in touch with service providers. However, the coordinator can be registered or not depending on the plan. But they are required to obey the code of conduct as mentioned by NDIS such as:
- Respects each individual’s right to freedom of speech
- Their right to privacy regarding the disability
- Take action on their concerns immediately.
The support coordination included in the participant plan will differ with regard to their health issue and the support needed. Below mentioned are the 3 levels of the plan offered by NDIS.
Level 1 – Here, the coordinator helps the one to understand the NDIS plan and get in touch with the provider.
Level 2 – The participants receive help with their daily chores, establish relationships and be a part of the community.
Level 3 – This support level includes special assistance to the participants whose disability is severe. The coordinator ensures that these people get the services consistently without interruption to lead a smooth life.
So, NDIS specifies in the plan in what way the support is funded.
There is an abundance of perks to getting support from the support coordinator as they are proficient and hold years of experience.
- They will work dedicatedly to find the best service provider keeping in mind your requirements.
- As they better understand the process of NDIS and their funding, you can leave the negotiating part to them to get the services at the best cost out of your plan. To save you from any hassle, there will be an agreement to be signed by the service provider.
- You will gain knowledge and confidence to make your own decision in your life.
- The support coordination will also boost your morale to get involved in communities that share a common interest.
- A constant support system at the time of the immediate problem.
The best way to connect with a suitable support coordinator is through the “myplace provider portal”. You need to sign in using your id or need to create one to access the list of all registered support coordinators.
When you do so, make sure to interrogate them with the most obvious question such as:
- How aware are they of the disability?
- How will they interact with you on a daily basis?
- What is the procedure to keep track of your progress?
- Will they be available at the time of crisis?
No doubt, these questionnaires will guide you to choose the best support coordinator. Additionally, you needn’t to worry if you make the wrong selection. This is because you can change them anytime. But it is crucial to follow the notice period of your agreement.
Citizens with disabilities often struggle to do their tasks or live a comfortable life. But NDIS registered service providers take care of them and helps with a plan looking at the severity of their disability. Hopefully, the article has taken you through every information needed to understand the process of NDIS support coordination.