Discover the latest features of Window 10 with our brief explanation. Learn about the latest tools, settings, and improvements in this popular operating system. Windows 10 is still the most popular desktop operating system in the world, with over a billion active PCs. Despite its emphasis on the gleaming new Windows 11, Microsoft will continue to support Window 10 with service updates until at least 2025.
The operating system includes features such as touch input, face login, deep security, and mixed reality tools. An improved screenshot tool, better window arrangement, and unified notifications are among the more important but more mundane features. Windows 10 has reached a level of polish and functionality that has earned it the Editors’ Choice award from PCMag.
Features of window 10
Here are the top five Window 10 features…
1) The Start button is back. Windows 8 users were very unhappy with the hiding of the Start button. Therefore, it was decided that Windows 10 would bring it back. Microsoft has modernized the Start button. Clicking Start now brings up groups tiles that can be customized to your liking. It can also be used to pin frequently-used programs. Windows 10 is a great place to start. Personalization and familiarity are great.
2) An updated and faster default web browser is available. Microsoft Edge replaces Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer was plagued by security problems last year. sometimes you may face a windows error 0x80080008 issue. Early tests show Edge is faster than Google Chrome, which is the most popular web browser right now.
3) Windows now has a virtual assistant. Cortana, Microsoft’s answer for Siri which is a standard feature of many Apple products, is Microsoft’s virtual assistant. You can ask a question or recite commands on your computer’s microphone. For instance, “Pick up dry clean tomorrow” will send you a reminder, while “Plan to meet Friday at 3:00” will add a date to your calendar.
4) Security features have been greatly improved. Microsoft has taken a lead in this area, especially with Microsoft Edge. This includes malware scanners, automatic updates for critical add-ons, and automatic upgrades for malicious websites. Chris Hallum, Microsoft’s senior product marketing manager, stated to The New York Times that Windows 10 would come with an antivirus solution. These new enhancements will only be confirmed over time, but extra security measures are always recommended.
5) Upgrades are free for one year. Microsoft had announced a wider shift in strategy before Windows 10 was officially launched. Instead of charging $50-$100 to upgrade, it will now give away the operating system for free. This is a significant incentive for users to adopt Windows 10 faster. It’s unclear how business licenses will continue to be renewed after the initial year-long free trial.
- Quick start-up
- A robust ecosystem of software and devices
- Support for touch screens
- Biometric Hello there, log in
- Excellent gaming options
- Separate Settings app and legacy control panels are still in use.
- With Windows 11 taking over,
- There have been a few recent major updates.
Window 10 is still the most popular desktop operating system in the world, with over a billion active PCs. Despite its emphasis on the gleaming new Windows 11, Microsoft will continue to support Windows 10 with service updates until at least 2025. The operating system includes features such as touch input, face login, deep security, and mixed reality tools. An improved screenshot tool, better window arrangement, and unified notifications are among the more important but more mundane features. still, window 10 has some common issues. Window 10 has reached a level of polish and functionality that has earned it the Editors’ Choice award from PCMag.
The November 2021 update, like other recent “feature updates” (to use Microsoft’s terminology), is primarily a servicing update with few actual new features. Although the majority of the updates are aimed at enterprise deployments, support for VPNs, virtualization, and Wi-Fi 6 has been improved, as has overall security and reliability. One advantage of these minor updates, which Microsoft describes as a “scoped set of features to improve performance and enhance quality,” is that they are easy to install.
In conclusion, Windows 10 offers a range of new and improved features that make it one of the most powerful and user-friendly operating systems available today. From a redesigned Start menu to a built-in virtual assistant, Windows 10 provides users with a host of tools and settings to customize their experience. Other notable features include Cortana voice commands, the ability to switch between multiple desktops, and the Edge web browser. Whether you’re a business professional or a casual user, Windows 10 has something for everyone. So, explore the latest features of this popular operating system and take advantage of the many tools and improvements it has to offer!