The fundamentals of Ayurveda are used for centuries to assist in healing the mind, body, and soul. As our lives become increasingly busy and stress-inducing, in recent times, the traditional methods that are part of Ayurveda are being integrated in an effort to relieve stress. Dr. Deepa Apte is an Ayurvedic practitioner who has been certified as an Indian yoga teacher and doctor. She runs Panchakarma treatment in Jaipur. Ayurveda Pure Health Spa and Beauty Centre. Below, she shares her experience in the incorporation of elements of Ayurveda like yoga, massage, and food, to ease stress.
The modern lifestyle and the frantic pace of life have resulted in a rise in stress-related illnesses. The kinds of jobs individuals work at are not the only ones that cause stress. However, the reasons for stress could be due to family members, friends, or even social events. Ayurveda analyzes environmental factors and how they affect the body’s specific type. The way that a person reacts to external stimuli is based on their personal constitution. Anything that affects the mind may affect the body. Stress is the cause of frustration and the inability to solve a problem.
Stress is thought of as a sign of Vata (air) or Pitta (fire) tension. The increase in the temperature in the body can cause sweating and breathing problems which is both the combination of fire and air in one.
- Bitter, salty, and spicy foods trigger sensations of anxiety while the body temperature rises.
- Sweet and sour can help relax and restore equilibrium. Fruits with naturally sweet flavors like apples and vegetables, instead of chocolate or cakes are healthier.
- Drinking tea made with cumin tea is a great option for people with high blood pressure. It also assists in reducing air and fire. Ginger and lemon tea are also very effective in helping to reduce stress.
- Massage can be extremely beneficial in relieving stress levels in the body. In Ayurveda treatments, we use oil-based treatments to calm your mind by relaxing the atmosphere and calming the fire. It is heavy. The oil assists in reducing the fire. It is best not to utilize anything cold. It is always warm.
- The messages relax you by reducing the movement of air. Hair growth direction should always be in opposition to your body’s easing muscles. If you’re seeking an energetic massage, it is best to stay away from the hair growth direction in order to boost the body’s energy.
- Pinda Sveda Ayurvedic herbal Bolus therapy helps to calm the nervous system. It is also able to nourish the system, thus helping to restore harmony to the body and the mind.
- If done regularly often, it can rid the body of heat, which will prevent headaches, sweating, etc.
- When people are stressed, they stop breathing and their lung volume shrinks. lower.
- One of the best methods to combat stress is through breathing exercises.
- Yoga is a practice of breathing and poses such as cobras and fish, stretching the body and expanding the chest, and allowing more oxygen. Oxygen assists in healing tissues that have been affected in your body.
- The practice of alternate nostril breathing can be among the most effective breathing exercises to reduce the strain on our bodies. Averaging 6 to seven times per day will assist in getting the best night’s sleep.
- Spices like turmeric, cumin, and coriander powder are very beneficial.
- Brahmi (Bacopa Monnier) assists in strengthening the nervous system as well as the circulatory system.
- Turmeric is helpful in the prevention of irritations, as well as skin problems, and can help to improve circulation.
- It’s a mix of the other elements. It is crucial to focus on one task at a time. Multi-tasking can increase stress, which is why eating food and performing work-related activities are not recommended.
- Many people make use of bedrooms to study. Even in the evening, we are likely to focus on work, which creates anxiety. The bedroom should be for rest. It’s about identifying triggers.
- Regular breaks from work and stressful situations are essential. The mind and body must be able to rest before being susceptible to the effects of stress.
Ayurveda can be described as an integral approach to wellness and well-being that is focused on the harmony between the body, mind, and soul. It’s one of the world’s most revered and ancient traditional healing techniques. Today, it is widely used and practiced in India, the place in which it first began as well as all over the world.
The National Center for Complementary and Integrative HealthTrusted Source estimates that 240,000 people have used Ayurveda therapy in Jaipur.
Ayurveda focuses on the prevention of illness. This is why its approach to treating constipation encompasses a broad selection of natural options instead of focusing solely on laxatives and immediate relief.
Alongside natural laxatives, in addition to the naturally-derived elimination methods, an Ayurvedic diet, exercise, massage, and exercise are vital in maintaining the well-being of your digestive tract. Find out more details about Ayurvedic solutions to constipation.